Propane Tank Summer Safety Tips
Summer is a time you try to think a little less about your propane tank. But you still need to practice caution during the warm summer months. Please follow these important summer propane safety tips:
- Do not place a burn barrel or fire pit near your propane tank!
- When mowing, keep at least 3 feet away from the propane tank. Use a weed trimmer around the tank.
- Do not chain an animal to the tank.
- Keep trees and branches trimmed around tank and driveways.
Don’t forget the summer is a great time to buy propane at discounted rates to keep warm all winter.
How to Grill Safely
Propane grills make outdoor cooking as easy as enjoyable. Keep the mood light and the good times rolling with these few propane grilling safety tips:
- Follow the grill manufacturer’s instructions. Make the manual your go-to resource!
- Position the grill in a safe location. Keep it level and clear of flammables (including overhangs and outdoor furniture).
- Check for leaks. Check at the beginning of the season and every time you hook up a new tank.
- Follow the manufacturer’s proper lighting procedures. Follow the manufacturer’s lighting instructions, and with all grill models, keep the lid open and don’t lean over the grill when lighting it.
- Follow proper relighting procedures. Turn off the gas and refer to your owner’s manual. Keep the lid open and wait at least 15 minutes before relighting.
- Stay with the grill. Never leave your grill unattended.
More Safety Tips at Propane.com.